Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

5 March 2018

JoFY Bingo Wk.7


Welcome to week 7 of JoFY Bingo! How's this for an eclectic selection of stamps to work with!


I chose to focus on the robots - I don't use them nearly as much as I should - they're great for male cards/projects - especially Skid (the tall robot with the wheel - he makes me smile!)

I created a page in my art journal (really enjoying working in this journal at the moment - its the small Dylusions one).

The grey centre panel is a clean up/ghost gel print and I surrounded it with a border of graph paper.  The page came together quite easily - stamped the robot words around all the edges to create a border, added stencilled hexagons and stamped nuts and bolts randomly around the page. 

I painted a panel of card in Fresco Paints (Slate, Chalk) and a metallic grey/blue paint.  I stamped onto the panel the star flourish from JOFY57 and cut out the stars ready to attach where needed.... you don't have to use an entire image - just use the bits you need.

I created the robots by stamping them onto the page and onto printed papers, and paper pieced them together. Skid's arms and legs are quite fiddly to cut out and so this gives a much nicer finished result.
I gave Skid some googly eyes - who doesn't love googly eyes!! lol

I'm calling the other two robots 'the brothers' as they look related - the same but different...
The little robot is unchanged but the tall one has been made of parts... a bit like Frankenstein's monster - but much less scary! lol
I created him by I masking off the legs and then stamped him slightly higher up the page.  I drew tall legs and gave him a foot and a wheel.  I stamped Skid's head and the small robots body onto the same patterned paper cut them out and added paper pieced them onto the page.  I wanted his head to look different to Skid's so I cut of the 'ears' (colander handles!) and gave him one BIG eye!  (no robots were harmed in the making of this page! lol)



These little robots make me smile - they look related to each other - or maybe they are the robot world's first boy band!?!  I'll let you decide!


That's Week 7 done and dusted...  I hope you can join in this week - I'd love to see what you do with the robots! (and the other stamps of course!)

So if you fancy joining in here's what you need to know:

The numbers are drawn on Monday, along with a project I've made using the corresponding stamp sets, then the plan is to:
  • Use/combine 2 stamp sets (use only those stamp sets - not all the stamps in each set - that would be too much of an ask but as long as there are one or two stamps from each set then its OK!)
  • 7 days to create 1 project, makers choice:  cards... atc... journal page... dimensional project... tag...
  • Use any paints/media, colours, embellishments, stencils/masks
  • Load up your project to Instagram any time during the week.  Please use Instagram links #jofybingo and @jofyjo in the text (not 'tagging' me please) so I can find it :o)
If you don't have an Instagram account you can add your make in the comments on the Facebook post linked to this blog post (facebook links:  https://www.facebook.com/JoFY.JoFirthYoung/ or https://www.facebook.com/jo.firthyoung )

    I hope you can join in - I look forward to seeing what you create!


    Share:

    4 comments

    1. These look fun Jo.
      I saw the words as....
      The hum of whizz, whirr, clunk, rattle, tick, beep, is the voice of nuts, bolts, gears, screws, wheels, springs.

      ReplyDelete
    2. WAW great project :). The robors are so cute

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love this bingo series! Great idea! Hope I will be able to play along soon.....still waiting for the 'right' combination of stamps :)
      In the meanwhile I'm enjoying your work. I do believe working with your own stamps isn't that easy but each time you end up with a beautiful project.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi. Thanks :o) I'm glad you're enjoying it - its fun, but you are right: working with your own stamps/designs can be hard! lol Finding something new/different each time. I look forward to you joining in - I love what you create! :o)

        Delete

    Blogger Template Created by pipdig